- Get involved. Contact LAN to be added to our email list. Attend our Meetings. Participate in our Discussion Courses: Northwest Earth Institute course books or The Natural Step for Communities book.
- Work as a community. How can you get more out of your own efforts and improve everyone's lot at the same time? Local Action Network is looking for participants. What is in it for you? We provide information, education, and community support for personal environmental action and we give you an outlet for your grand plans and a means of being more than a voice in the wilderness.
- Want to drive less? Join us in changing the Central Susquehanna Valley's transit situation. We will work on it together with others eager to see change.
- Want to learn more about increasing the energy efficiency of your home and lowering your heating bills? Join our Energy Task Force; learn how to weatherize your house and do the same for others. View Energy Saving Tips page.
- Immediate actions you can take to live more sustainably:
1. Turn down your thermostat at least 1 degree in winter. Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms. Read other money/energy saving tips on our Household Energy Saving Tips page.
2. Eat locally produced food. Read our Food resources to learn how.
3. Drive your car less; walk, bike, share a ride with others, use mass transit. Read our Transit Options page for details.
4. Use rain barrels on your downspouts to water plants during dry periods. Keep a bucket in your kitchen sink to reuse your rinse water. Turn the faucet off when you are brushing your teeth or sudsing up in the shower. Use more Water Conservations Tips to lead a more sustainable life.