Ingredient Sources in our region
If you know of other regional sources for these ingredients please contact LAN so we may include sources here.
Organic items recommended when available for all recipes.
- Dates - chopped, unsweetened, floured. Natural Food & Garden in Lewisburg.
- Fancy pastry flour is milled at H & C Grove Feed in Lewisburg and may be purchased there in 10 or 25 lb. bags or at Ard's Farm Market in Lewisburg in 5 lb. bag.
- Instant yeast may be purchased at Green Ridge Country Market in Mifflinburg or at H & C Grove Feed in Lewisburg in 1 lb. bag.
- Organic cheeses - Ard's Farm Market and Natural Food & Garden in Lewisburg, Fresh Life in Williamsport.
- Organic oats - Natural Food & Garden in Lewisburg.
- Organic tofu - Ard's Farm Market in Lewisburg, Fresh Life in Williamsport.
- Produce - CSA's, Organic produce.
Spelt berries - in store at Fresh Life in Williamsport and Natural Acres in Millersburg; by special order at Natural Food & Garden in Lewisburg.
Steigman Enterprises - 1188 Mountain House Road, Halifax 717.362.9850; grows 70 acres of organic spelt and sells directly to consumers and Natural Acres in Millersburg.
Wild Oats states "spelt is unhybridized wheat and contains 30% more protein than wheat, considerable B vitamins, magnesium and fiber. Cultivated and eaten all around world for at least 5,000 years."
Wheat flakes - Natural Food & Garden in Lewisburg.